Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Betcha Shane's Already Blogged About How Cool This Is...

Let me check... Wow. Nope, he ain't.

So Indianapolis is getting the Super Bowl in 2012. Whoopee shit. They're still going to tax us 2% on all food purchases on TOP of our newly-increased "normal" sales tax.

Watch, Hoosiers. Now we're going to hear all about how "Indy doesn't have enough hotels!". And there will be tax abatements and subsidies for builders to expand our hotel capacity for the Super Bowl.

Never mind that we already host the Indianapolis 500 which holds more than three times the capacity of the Lucas Oil Stadium. No, our asshole pols will find good reason to waste more taxpayer dollars "for our own good".

And we're still not going to get our money's worth out of the taxpayer money going to that fucking eyesore of a new stadium. Bastards. I'd just as soon direct a small meteor to take the damn thing out. Preferably with Irsay and his crony politicians inside.

Plus, it's FUGLY and dominates our skyline. It looks so out of place driving around downtown.

For a town with such an insecurity complex about being a big city that seems too small, this really just makes it worse.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Prime Mover said...

Alright Mr. Boston lets be cool. I think the Super Bowl in this city pretty freaking cool. Indianapolis might not be the biggest city but it's a hell of a lot better than Jacksonville or Detroit. Businesses downtown (and surrounding areas) will benefit a ton from this. Do you realize how many millions we will get? Indianapolis has come a looong way since I've been here. Downtown in the late 80's and early 90's was basically run by bums and teenagers in shitty cars, oh and there was an eyesore of a hole in the middle of the fucking city that eventually became the mall. I like it, the Super Bowl and the stadium, I don't think it's that bad.

6:38 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

I dislike the stupid subsidies that go to the bastard Irsay and his stadium. If they were self-financed, I wouldn't care.

But I already heard too much about how cool this is at work today. And it's four years away.

The only good thing is that the Super Bowl is played in winter, when I don't go downtown anyway.

6:50 PM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home