Bet Dave Won't Be Happy...
Just more proof Obama is a statist moron. Does he honestly believe that 120 months (130 if you include kindergarten) of state-run school really aren't enough to teach kids?
The other day I read the stunning figure that it takes only 100 hours of instruction to teach reading and basic math skills.
That's "instruction", not "hours in school". Of course, I'm guessing that's instruction where the instructor gives half a shit and the kid is actually made to learn.
Neither of which really applies in the schools where learning is a problem. Kids can learn if motivated. Most will motivate themselves in the proper environment.
So K-High school is insufficient and Obama thinks the answer is making the kids stay in school more hours a day and more through the year.
....Why would that ever work? More of the exact same idiocy applied is going to produce better results?
Dewey's model is a failure at almost everything except making more socialist drones to be exploited.
Adding more time on the calendar is only going to piss off teachers, students and some parents (Many, I'm sure, will be happy to spare themselves their kids' company during the summer).
Just more evidence Obama doesn't get what the problems really are. Pathetic.
And I suppose I'm a racist for pointing out that the federal government has zero legal say-so in the affairs of public schools?
The other day I read the stunning figure that it takes only 100 hours of instruction to teach reading and basic math skills.
That's "instruction", not "hours in school". Of course, I'm guessing that's instruction where the instructor gives half a shit and the kid is actually made to learn.
Neither of which really applies in the schools where learning is a problem. Kids can learn if motivated. Most will motivate themselves in the proper environment.
So K-High school is insufficient and Obama thinks the answer is making the kids stay in school more hours a day and more through the year.
....Why would that ever work? More of the exact same idiocy applied is going to produce better results?
Dewey's model is a failure at almost everything except making more socialist drones to be exploited.
Adding more time on the calendar is only going to piss off teachers, students and some parents (Many, I'm sure, will be happy to spare themselves their kids' company during the summer).
Just more evidence Obama doesn't get what the problems really are. Pathetic.
And I suppose I'm a racist for pointing out that the federal government has zero legal say-so in the affairs of public schools?
Labels: B. Hussein Obama, education, liberal douchebags, Obama The Magic Negro, stupid people

1 Comments:
The kids need the extra hours to learn more "Obama is awesome" songs. Oh, and to read up and discuss Rules For Radicals.
Post a Comment
<< Home