A Very Good Point About Sports...
...sort of related to my "don't play commercials I hate" rule. Here's a Bill Simmons' article about sports announcers that I have to agree with.
I've never watched a game and thought "Man, those announcers are amazing! I HAVE to watch whatever game they'll be announcing next week, teams be damned!"
But I HAVE been annoyed by announcers to the point of changing the channel. I know my older brother has too.
Of course, bad announcing is never the guaranteed lock of my changing the channel as much as the damn Mellencamp Chevy commercials, but still.
I've never watched a game and thought "Man, those announcers are amazing! I HAVE to watch whatever game they'll be announcing next week, teams be damned!"
But I HAVE been annoyed by announcers to the point of changing the channel. I know my older brother has too.
Of course, bad announcing is never the guaranteed lock of my changing the channel as much as the damn Mellencamp Chevy commercials, but still.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home