Saturday, November 25, 2006

Scary Proposition.

From here

Idiot tcw writes: "Actually it's the supernaturalists that stack the deck. They like to introduce into evidence things things that cannot be tested or observed. That's handy."

In response, Vox says: "Some do. I don't. I merely like to apply logic to both sides. For example, if there is an evil supernatural force ruling the world, it is illogical expect your little materialist test to reveal him... unless he wishes to be exposed.

Now, this doesn't prove his existence, but it does mean that any experiment intended to prove or disprove it doesn't make sense. But then, as Dennett shows, logic is too much for most educated people, so what can you expect?

What I truly can't understand is when someone - atheist or Christian - asks how bad things can happen if God exists. The obvious answer is that HE'S NOT RUNNING THE SHOW HERE!

This is hardly a new concept, given that CS Lewis referred to "the silent planet" and Jesus Christ referred to "the prince of this world" who was coming to kill him."


This makes more and more sense the longer I live. "It's a very, very... mad... world... mad... world..." after all. And looking at our idiot "leaders" and how the march of the world always seems to be towards a one-world government looking to squish the individual like a slug under my bare foot... well, let's just say the old J.C. Fire Insurance Co. is sounding better and better every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home