A Pic For DJ?
So I ask my older brother to email me a picture of me to send to Darling Joy, my internet wife. First he wants to know when the wedding is...................................... anyway...
So he sends me this picture from our friend Nick's wedding. There's me and my three brothers, standing together. Them in their tuxes, looking 'rather dapper' (say that with an English accent or it doesn't sound right). And me, looking, well... like me. With a dress shirt that needs touch-up ironing, no tie and dress pants that need to be cuffed just a tad. And sporting the goofiest smile I've seen in some time.
How in the world he thought THIS picture would be suitable is beyond me, unless he has an opinion of me even lower than I thunk. Or he was too busy admiring himself in the pic to notice my expression. (Thanks awfully, Dave. And trust me on the "AWFULLY" part...)
I am TRULY "Weird Uncle Mike", much moreso than I thought. Man...
So DJ, that is why you have no pic of me. Because there are no good ones to send. My brother is the photobug of the family and he sends me... less than useful material. And I have pictures of every guitar I own, but virtually none of myself. And the ones I have look less than flattering.
But, in the interest of fairness... since you've posted a pic of you...
Here's the "BEFORE"

and here's the "AFTER"

These were (obviously) taken with my picture phone. And I needed a shave badly, as I often do. I really hate shaving unless I'm currently getting the smooches and my woman complains of scratchiness. I don't like my beards anyway so shaving every day is a small sacrifice to feel soft lips and the such.
Lastly, consider yourself lucky, DJ. I'm sick with the flu, hurting all over, nauseated and feeling altogether foul, even after taking a scalding shower just now. That's likely the only reason I even considered posting these pics. My judgement is beyond impaired, I'm exhausted and trying to figure out how to clear well over three million dollars of accounts sitting on my desk with less than three days to pay them, and me hacking up stuff of various colours and having dry heaves every five mintues. And I'm supposed to be at work in less than five hours without any sleep. HA!
So, en(Joy)! Any prayers for my health are greatly appreciated, BTW.
So he sends me this picture from our friend Nick's wedding. There's me and my three brothers, standing together. Them in their tuxes, looking 'rather dapper' (say that with an English accent or it doesn't sound right). And me, looking, well... like me. With a dress shirt that needs touch-up ironing, no tie and dress pants that need to be cuffed just a tad. And sporting the goofiest smile I've seen in some time.
How in the world he thought THIS picture would be suitable is beyond me, unless he has an opinion of me even lower than I thunk. Or he was too busy admiring himself in the pic to notice my expression. (Thanks awfully, Dave. And trust me on the "AWFULLY" part...)
I am TRULY "Weird Uncle Mike", much moreso than I thought. Man...
So DJ, that is why you have no pic of me. Because there are no good ones to send. My brother is the photobug of the family and he sends me... less than useful material. And I have pictures of every guitar I own, but virtually none of myself. And the ones I have look less than flattering.
But, in the interest of fairness... since you've posted a pic of you...
Here's the "BEFORE"

and here's the "AFTER"

These were (obviously) taken with my picture phone. And I needed a shave badly, as I often do. I really hate shaving unless I'm currently getting the smooches and my woman complains of scratchiness. I don't like my beards anyway so shaving every day is a small sacrifice to feel soft lips and the such.
Lastly, consider yourself lucky, DJ. I'm sick with the flu, hurting all over, nauseated and feeling altogether foul, even after taking a scalding shower just now. That's likely the only reason I even considered posting these pics. My judgement is beyond impaired, I'm exhausted and trying to figure out how to clear well over three million dollars of accounts sitting on my desk with less than three days to pay them, and me hacking up stuff of various colours and having dry heaves every five mintues. And I'm supposed to be at work in less than five hours without any sleep. HA!
So, en(Joy)! Any prayers for my health are greatly appreciated, BTW.

4 Comments:
nice...
*Note to self, to get what I want, ask during moment of vulnerability...
By the way, I'd like to know when the wedding is so I can prepare accordingly. Just let me know when you decide.
Great... now you're getting all clingy...
ah!
Post a Comment
<< Home