Mike Keneally RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this man! He's an amazing musician. He writes music so scary and strange that most folks will hear a few notes and go.... "Ewwwwww!!".
I like that stuff. Dissonance? Odd meters? Lyrics so beyond fucked up that Prince is going "This cat is a serious weirdo"? Bring 'em on! I love it all.
His piano adaptations of Steve Vai's guitar-driven extravaganzas are truly beautiful (I'm listening to that CD right now). His solos on the Guitar Therapy CD/DVD set are beyond amazing and his CDs are just great stuffis.
This guy can play just about anything on either guitar or piano/keyboards. He was Frank Zappa's last touring "Stunt Guitarist".
So, yeah. He's weird. So what?
Like Vai, there's true beauty in the strangeness. You just have to look a little deeper than a simple I-IV-V progression, cliched lyrics or a programmed drum beat. Believe me, it's well worth the effort.
I like that stuff. Dissonance? Odd meters? Lyrics so beyond fucked up that Prince is going "This cat is a serious weirdo"? Bring 'em on! I love it all.
His piano adaptations of Steve Vai's guitar-driven extravaganzas are truly beautiful (I'm listening to that CD right now). His solos on the Guitar Therapy CD/DVD set are beyond amazing and his CDs are just great stuffis.
This guy can play just about anything on either guitar or piano/keyboards. He was Frank Zappa's last touring "Stunt Guitarist".
So, yeah. He's weird. So what?
Like Vai, there's true beauty in the strangeness. You just have to look a little deeper than a simple I-IV-V progression, cliched lyrics or a programmed drum beat. Believe me, it's well worth the effort.

1 Comments:
Anyone that played with the master (Zappa) is a winner in my book.
Link is broken, bruddah.
Post a Comment
<< Home