Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm Glad Florida Has So Few Problems!

That their governor can concern himself pressing matters such as this:

Florida's governor is "seriously considering" pardoning late rock star Jim Morrison of his indecent exposure conviction.

Fans of the late singer's band The Doors and the group's Doors Collectors Magazine (DCM) have requested Morrison's record be cleared of the 1969 charges, following his premature death in 1971 from heart failure.

Gov. Charlie Crist was challenged with a petition by the DCM last month, and has now questioned the legality of the charges for himself - accusations fans have branded "bogus."

He says, "He died when he was 27. That's really a kid, when you think about it, and obviously he was having some challenges. There's some dispute about how solid the case was."

Jim Morrison sucked. The Doors sucked. Morrison droned instead of singing. He was loser druggie and I say "Good riddance!".

But the stupid bastard's been dead for longer than I've been alive and someone thinks this is a worthwhile way to spend their time?

I don't know, but I'm guessing Morrison looked at his conviction more with bemusement and as a badge of honor than any sort of a stain on his character.

And 27 is "really a kid"?? No wonder this country sucks more and more every damn year.

Was a time when 27 was past middle age. And you were looked at as a man. How times change, and not for the better.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So since I'm 27, I'm still a kid according to the governor of Florida? Does that mean my parents would still be able to claim me as a dependent if we lived in Florida?

Darlin' Joy

9:48 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger thimscool said...

If you lived in Florida, you'd think 27 was "just a kid". Rent a car and go for a spin down there. Just make sure to get the full insurance.

And the Doors were awesome...

10:52 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

thimscool: Sure, "When you're strange".

11:30 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Or if you marry me, I get to deduct you twice!

Ewwwwww.... so I'd be sleeping with my dependent?

I really need help.

11:31 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Darlin' Joy said...

already thinking of the benefits of marrying me?

2:08 PM, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't go gettin' all excited, Darlin'. I think about stuff I don't follow through on all dang day.

IndyGuy77

5:16 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Darlin' Joy said...

hehe... :)

5:27 PM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home