Sunday, August 12, 2007

MORE Caves!

http://www.wyandottecaves.com/

My mom, niece and I went to the Wyandotte Caves today. Very cool. This set of caves was entirely walked, instead of being on the boat nearly the whole time like a few weeks ago.

There are a few hundred stairs (if not more, I didn't count) in there. And it was COLD. There are two caves in this tour, the first was short and kind of lame. But it just whets your appetite for the BIG cave tour. It took a good hour and a half at least. Lots of ups. Lots of downs. Slippery rocks. Low ceilings. A lot of fun.

And BATS. They're really kind of cute. And much smaller than expected as well. I wonder how they taste?

They also have "crawl tours" where you go caving for real. With the miner's hat and lots of tight squeezes. That sounds awesome. But I'd have to go with the guys for that sort of thing. And I really doubt we could get a large group to coordinate days off for a trip like that. Bummer. Oh well.

Still a fun day. Too bad the cameras don't work down there well at all. Lots of great sights to see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home