Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Wouldn't Know...

...cuz I simply do not watch MTV or listen to the radio. But I will say most of the "pop" garbage I accidentally hear sucks donkey balls.

This link is for an interesting audiophile article. The linked article regarding Rush is dead on target and I've cited it before.

Rolling Stone article.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Prime Mover said...

Great article! It's one of those "as things get better they actually get worse" arguments, which I agree with sometimes, especially with my PS3, which I traded back in for a PS2.

Most purists (like me) will always think that the best sound comes from old fashion vinyl records.

I found it funny that the article kept bringing up modern music like The Artic Monkeys and the like. I just think modern music sucks and it has nothing to do with the sound. After 2000 inventive music just stopped, now it's crap. Even older acts like U2, Paul McCartney (Mr. Starbucks) and such have made bland, money driven albums of late.

I also like the fact that they brought up Oasis. I remember an article where Noel Gallagher commented that "scales were for fish."

12:19 AM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Well, like I said: I don't keep up with new music unless it's obscure instrumental rock like Vai, Steve Morse and the like or fusion like OHM.

I don't have a functional turntable right now (though I do want one) but I like CDs just fine as long as they're well mastered.

Many remastered, reissued, re-charging the fans CDs just suck. The early Ozzy reissues are painfully bad.

OTOH, the Mike Keneally reissues are interesting new takes on old material. Improved mixes on some songs, just different on others. I'm certainly keeping all the originals though.

1:28 AM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger Prime Mover said...

I actually just purchased a turn table this Christmas. I threw on my old Exit....Stage Left record (remarkabley free of scratches) and it sounded great, though the CD sounds just as good.

I agree, many of the remasters really do suck.

1:28 PM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger Wonder Woman said...

There should be "geek" theme music.

:) WW

4:30 PM, January 14, 2008  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Don't you already HAVE music for yourself?

OOOOOOO!!! SNAP!

8:52 PM, January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home