Need New Shoes. And Tires.
I hit Dunkin' Donuts after work this morning. I should have gone home and geared up fully. But being the impatient dolt I is, I just went on out. I did about a 230 mile day all over mid-South Indiana. From work to 67 to 9 to 46 to 135 to 50 to 446 to 46 to 37 to 44 to 135 again and then home from Greenwood. Somewhere on SR135 south of SR46 is where I almost wrecked.
The bike slid out from under me cornering to the right. I almost wiped out but somehow caught my fall with my right foot. It bounced hard off the road and I straightened up enough to catch traction and keep going.
I guess I did the right thing. Who knows if anyone would have found me if I went off the road where I did and couldn't get up on my own.
It didn't scare me much, but it sure hurt. And it sure made me ride like a wuss for the rest of the day.
Destroyed my shoe in the process though. Tore right through the sole, though it was thinning anyway and I was considering re-soling them. I'm praying I didn't do my foot any damage. It doesn't feel like I did.
I checked my rear tire upon getting home and sure enough the wear indicator is gone. I thought I checked that recently. Guess NOT, huh? I think God let me off lightly for far too many foolish decisions committed here.
I just hope I can get my shoe repaired. It's sort of silly how much I really like that pair of shoes.
The bike slid out from under me cornering to the right. I almost wiped out but somehow caught my fall with my right foot. It bounced hard off the road and I straightened up enough to catch traction and keep going.
I guess I did the right thing. Who knows if anyone would have found me if I went off the road where I did and couldn't get up on my own.
It didn't scare me much, but it sure hurt. And it sure made me ride like a wuss for the rest of the day.
Destroyed my shoe in the process though. Tore right through the sole, though it was thinning anyway and I was considering re-soling them. I'm praying I didn't do my foot any damage. It doesn't feel like I did.
I checked my rear tire upon getting home and sure enough the wear indicator is gone. I thought I checked that recently. Guess NOT, huh? I think God let me off lightly for far too many foolish decisions committed here.
I just hope I can get my shoe repaired. It's sort of silly how much I really like that pair of shoes.
Labels: Kawasaki Ninja, motorcycles, stupid people

3 Comments:
All the gear, all the time...
I'm glad you're safe and hopefully lesson learned.
I know.
And probably not. My skull is awfully thick.
You'd think I were Southron or something.
It's nice to have folks that care.
Post a Comment
<< Home