Sunday, June 14, 2009

IT'S A SKULL!

The bottles for this vodka look very cool in person. Kinda spooky. I've not tried it yet as it's $50 a bottle. I will have to sample it next time I'm in Vine & Table.

Dan Akroyd presents this "luxury vodka" in a silly video here:
http://crystalheadvodka.com/

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the point? Just to have a novelty bottle? There isn't that much difference between quality and store label vodka.

11:02 AM, June 16, 2009  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Usually, you're correct but there are exceptions. If you're drinking it chilled or mixed with about anything, then there isn't much difference.

But if you're drinking it neat, there can be a vast difference. And I don't mind paying for quality liquors. That's why I like the Indiana Vodka, reviewed previously.

As it turns out, I get to try it free tomorrow night anyway. So we'll see if it's worth $50 a bottle. I really doubt I will see a difference worth paying for but you never know.

5:31 PM, June 16, 2009  
Blogger thimscool said...

Chilled, mixed, whatever... there is a difference in taste? WTF?
It's all shit compared to a fine scotch or bourbon.

If you're gonna drink clear liquor drinka the gin. Bombay Sapphire. Rum is good too.

Vodka = can't change a tire. Phoning it in. Ruskie shit. Just get EverClear if you want a "clear buzz". If necessary, it will run your crappy vehicle.

Scotch, bitch! Scotch! But I agree that if you please, get you bourbon. Ok then, that is good too.

If you're rich, buy the $50 bottle vodkan't bottle like a skull and fill it with a fine bourbon like Makers or Bakers. WTF? Work it!

But don't put the fine scotch in it because scotch is life and those greek boys and their bourbon can kiss our proper asses and fill our skull-shaped glasses.


Vodka? Fuck that. Crystal skull? Fuck that, too. Laphroaig! Talisker! GlenWhatever reserve! Have some fookin pride! Vodka sux. At least get some grappa.

11:39 PM, June 16, 2009  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Yes, AGAIN, there is a difference in taste. I don't put on airs or buy into hype. I think a lot of expensive cigars smell like shit. The most expensive red wine I've ever had tasted like bad vinegar. And Ruth Chris Steakhouse is overpriced fluffery for folks with too much dough (although the Creme Brulee was AWESOME!).

I try before I buy and buy what I like. If there wasn't a taste difference between $9 a bottle Cheap Ass Shit brand vodka and Indiana Vodka, I wouldn't have bought the IV. I wouldn't buy Bookers Bourbon at $45+ a bottle if I didn't love it.

And if there isn't a very good taste to Crystal Skull to justify the $50 price tag, I won't buy that.

5:26 PM, June 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most expensive red wine I've ever had tasted like bad vinegar

It probably was. Not every bottle stays wine. Some turn. It is a normal risk if you use a natural cork.

4:13 PM, June 18, 2009  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

I didn't buy it. It was served at Ruth Chris. My rich uncle said it was amazing and he spends a LOT on wines. So I kinda doubt it was corked.

6:21 PM, June 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home