Primal Living
On reading up on it over at LRC.com, I bought THIS book. It's a very fun read and I think it's great advice.
It has been an interesting experiment. For about a month, I've been eschewing carbs as much as possible (not always easy, especially eating out), and focusing on meat, fat, fruits and veggies. I've also started doing pushups and deep knee bends. I also try to walk more around the massive building in which I work. A punching bag and a pullup bar would be great investments too.
The author espouses the "80/20 rule". Simply put, it's the idea that if you follow his guidelines 80% of the time, you're still going to do much, much better than eating "normally".
My weaknesses have been mostly at breakfast, since I love toast and biscuits and gravy. But I'm fairly sure that I'm saving money since I'm not buying nearly as much bread. And I'm skipping snacks like pretzels and chips altogether. I've also ditched pasta and all starchy side dishes with dinner. Usually, I just stick with meat and veggies.
I'm hungry a lot of the time, but it's strangely become easier to be hungry. Especially reflecting on the phrase "Hunger is fat leaving your body". I skip lunch a few times a week and don't miss is all that much.
I've lost 5 lbs according to the scale at work (which, admittedly might be off but if it's consistent I'm still shedding pounds). If I stopped drinking beer and hard liquor, I'd probably be much further along in my weight loss. But hey... you can't expect miracles all the time!
Here's to losing another 30 and finally getting my guns.
EDIT: I cannot believe I forgot about spaghetti squash as an alternative for pasta! Man, I am a dimwit sometimes!
Remind of that HERE.
It has been an interesting experiment. For about a month, I've been eschewing carbs as much as possible (not always easy, especially eating out), and focusing on meat, fat, fruits and veggies. I've also started doing pushups and deep knee bends. I also try to walk more around the massive building in which I work. A punching bag and a pullup bar would be great investments too.
The author espouses the "80/20 rule". Simply put, it's the idea that if you follow his guidelines 80% of the time, you're still going to do much, much better than eating "normally".
My weaknesses have been mostly at breakfast, since I love toast and biscuits and gravy. But I'm fairly sure that I'm saving money since I'm not buying nearly as much bread. And I'm skipping snacks like pretzels and chips altogether. I've also ditched pasta and all starchy side dishes with dinner. Usually, I just stick with meat and veggies.
I'm hungry a lot of the time, but it's strangely become easier to be hungry. Especially reflecting on the phrase "Hunger is fat leaving your body". I skip lunch a few times a week and don't miss is all that much.
I've lost 5 lbs according to the scale at work (which, admittedly might be off but if it's consistent I'm still shedding pounds). If I stopped drinking beer and hard liquor, I'd probably be much further along in my weight loss. But hey... you can't expect miracles all the time!
Here's to losing another 30 and finally getting my guns.
EDIT: I cannot believe I forgot about spaghetti squash as an alternative for pasta! Man, I am a dimwit sometimes!
Remind of that HERE.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home