Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Blegging From The Southroners...

Okay, DJ gave me a bit of advice on sweet tea making. I believe it was "use near-boiling water, steep, then put too much sugar in".

But I'd appreciate some other tidbits (as well as more details on the sweet tea, DJ!):

1) a good "normal" biscuits from scratch recipe
and 2) a good fried chicken recipe

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlin' Joy said...

i like to add a mint teabag as well, and, if i'm feeling domestic, i would cut up an orange to put in the glass.

1:05 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Darlin' Joy said...

for a "normal" biscuit recipe, look on the back of a Martha White self-rising flour bag.

i also saw a recipe where the milk was replaced with beer...i've not tried it yet, but would like to out of pure curiosity.

www.allrecipes.com provides a lot of good, tried and true recipes.

1:07 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Difster said...

So is that what I'm doing wrong? I don't steep it first, I put the sugar in and pour the hot water over the teabags and the sugar together.

I'll try it the other way next time.

7:02 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

I don't know why I just don't use the Lipton Ice Tea maker I have, but somehow it just doesn't seem "just right".

12:16 AM, February 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mason-Dixon line is bollocks.

The real delineation between the south and the north is where you can find sweet tea, and ask for "unsweetened" tea.

10:39 PM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home