Yup. Definitely Need A Dog...
Here's why: ARTICLE
"A Calvert woman claims her 2-year-old golden retriever saved her life Friday by giving her the canine version of the Heimlich maneuver."
"Suddenly, she said, a chunk of the fruit became wedged in her windpipe.
“It was lodged pretty tight because I couldn’t breathe,” she said. “I tried to do the thing where you lean over a chair and give yourself the Heimlich, but it didn’t work.”
Parkhurst said she then began beating her chest, an action that might have attracted Toby’s attention.
“The next think I know, Toby’s up on his hind feet and he’s got his front paws on my shoulders,” she recalled. “He pushed me to the ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my chest.”
Toby’s jumping apparently managed to dislodge the apple from Parkhurst’s windpipe.
“As soon as I started breathing, he stopped and began licking my face, as if to keep me from passing out,” she said."
Yeah. Let's see a damn feline do that. The cat would just sit there, licking itself and thinking "Well someone else will be feeding me soon."
"A Calvert woman claims her 2-year-old golden retriever saved her life Friday by giving her the canine version of the Heimlich maneuver."
"Suddenly, she said, a chunk of the fruit became wedged in her windpipe.
“It was lodged pretty tight because I couldn’t breathe,” she said. “I tried to do the thing where you lean over a chair and give yourself the Heimlich, but it didn’t work.”
Parkhurst said she then began beating her chest, an action that might have attracted Toby’s attention.
“The next think I know, Toby’s up on his hind feet and he’s got his front paws on my shoulders,” she recalled. “He pushed me to the ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on my chest.”
Toby’s jumping apparently managed to dislodge the apple from Parkhurst’s windpipe.
“As soon as I started breathing, he stopped and began licking my face, as if to keep me from passing out,” she said."
Yeah. Let's see a damn feline do that. The cat would just sit there, licking itself and thinking "Well someone else will be feeding me soon."

4 Comments:
Start researching breeds. Personally, I like the German Shorthaired Pointers. This stage in getting a dog was a lot of fun. The hardest part for me was choosing a name. Titan was called "Puppy" for about 2 weeks!
Forgot to comment on here.
I found one quiz that said either Rottweiler or Rhodesian Ridgeback would be a good breed for me.
Both gorgeous animals.
This guy's been in the no-kill shelter for a while now. Probably cuz he's a "senior" dog. But how can you tell if a dog is Mexican?
Does he eat too many beans and decorate with those fuzzy-hanging-balls in his living room?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4283789
Or this one?
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7237355
He hates guys in uniform! Sounds like me!
ok, i like them both. maybe they need a playmate? you could always adopt both!
Post a Comment
<< Home