Interesting Viewpoint On Christianity And War
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/mccarthy5.html
Comments welcome from all corners.
Comments welcome from all corners.
Labels: politics, propaganda, religion
"There are no dead atheists." - Taylor from Vox' blog
Labels: politics, propaganda, religion
1 Comments:
I'm not Catholic, but I really like their doctrine of just war, first enunciated by St. Augustine. And God bless Benedict XVI for taking a stand against US aggression, as did his predecessor- I'll take the Pope over the protestant preachers who think we can hasten Jesus' return by bombing a few more of Israel's enemies to smithereens.
The casualties from the atomic bombs were light compared to the firebombing of other Japanese and German cities (particularly Dresden, which the allied leadership knew full well was crammed with civilian refugees fleeing the advancing Soviets).
BTW, ever notice that whenever the government sends our boys to the other side of the world to drop bombs and invade countries in the name of protecting our "freedom"... those brave boys come home to less freedom than they had when they left? Seriously, can you name one war after the War of Independence that expanded Americans' freedom? Lincoln's War to Prevent Southern Independence doesn't count - that war didn't abolish involuntary servitude; it simply nationalized it (first income tax, as well as conscription).
I was having such a nice evening... Thinking about stuff like this makes me want to go get hammered- it's too depressing.
Instead, I think I'll either go de-link some more of that Lake City 7.62, or mess around with my RealFlight G3 R/C flight sim (highly recommended, BTW)
Speaking of highly recommended, stuff like this always cheers me up...
Ya know, this is closer to a full-fledged blog post than a comment...
Pax Christi
Post a Comment
<< Home