Friday, April 27, 2007

To Serve, Protect, AND Blow Your Chest Wide Open!

From here.

"A police officer and a former officer pleaded guilty Thursday to manslaughter in the shooting death of a 92-year-old woman during a botched drug raid last fall. Another officer still faces charges in the woman's death."

"Former Officer Gregg Junnier, 40, who retired from the Atlanta police force in January, pleaded guilty to manslaughter, violation of oath, criminal solicitation and making false statements. Both men are expected to face more than 10 years in prison.

The charges followed a November 21 "no-knock" drug raid on the home of Kathryn Johnston, 92. An informant had described buying drugs from a dealer there, police said. When the officers burst in without warning, Johnston fired at them, and they fired back, killing her.

Fulton County prosecutor Peter Johnson disclosed Thursday that the officers involved in Johnston's death fired 39 shots, striking her five or six times, including a fatal blow to the chest.

Here's the money shot (pun intended):
"He said Johnston only fired once through her door and didn't hit any of the officers. That means the officers who were wounded likely were hit by their own colleagues, he said."

"Likely"?? Someone explain that one to me. SHE didn't do it. But it's only "likely" the idiot cops shot each other??

Getting the shiv in prison is just for these guys if you ask me.

Bad enough you fuck things up and kill a woman. The lying about it just shows how vapid their case was and that their actions were unjustified.

I'm still trying to figure out why they get so many no-knock warrants anyway. They're just asking for trouble. I know I'm shooting anyone that breaks into my house without identifying themselves.

Which just brings me back to my anti-War on Drugs position...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlin' Joy said...

Being in/from Atlanta...I don't even know what to say. I guess I'll just be even more paranoid.

11:38 AM, April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home