The WORST? Not Hardly!
From here.
"From ABC's apple crumble to Oasis' cannonball, a radio station has compiled the top 10 songwriting howlers."
They put "War Pigs" as number 8?
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?
"Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses"
Someone needs their balls cut off for this song making the list. My favorite anti-war song ever. If those voting had a fucking clue, they'd know the generals are meant to be serving Satan. Duh.
NOT that those two lines are brilliant poetry. But I can think of tons worse than that.
Besides, they forgot the Police's "Don't Stand So Close To Me":
"It's no use
he sees her
he starts to shake and cough
Just like the
old man in
that book by Nabakov"
Which, BTW, is THE WORST SONG LYRIC EVER! It makes me cringe to hear it every damn time. Pretentious and just AWFUL!
And I LIKE that song.
BTW: Best lyric ever: "you wear those skin-tight dresses with your g-string
tuned to A". From Whitesnake, "Kitten's Got Claws" from the "Slip of the Tongue" (The very first CD I ever bought).
"From ABC's apple crumble to Oasis' cannonball, a radio station has compiled the top 10 songwriting howlers."
They put "War Pigs" as number 8?
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?
"Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses"
Someone needs their balls cut off for this song making the list. My favorite anti-war song ever. If those voting had a fucking clue, they'd know the generals are meant to be serving Satan. Duh.
NOT that those two lines are brilliant poetry. But I can think of tons worse than that.
Besides, they forgot the Police's "Don't Stand So Close To Me":
"It's no use
he sees her
he starts to shake and cough
Just like the
old man in
that book by Nabakov"
Which, BTW, is THE WORST SONG LYRIC EVER! It makes me cringe to hear it every damn time. Pretentious and just AWFUL!
And I LIKE that song.
BTW: Best lyric ever: "you wear those skin-tight dresses with your g-string
tuned to A". From Whitesnake, "Kitten's Got Claws" from the "Slip of the Tongue" (The very first CD I ever bought).
Labels: music, stuff that causes drain bamage

2 Comments:
WRONG!!!!!
NUMBER ONE HAS TO BE BY SAMMY HAGAR>
to the father son and holy ghost, the holy trinity I raise a toast?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Oh. My. GAWD!!!
DAVE FINALLY COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!
And it only took eleven months!
You've got me there, Dave. But you should have said:
"I raise a toooooooooooooooooooooooo-
oaaaaaaaaaaaaast!!"
"Duna-dun-dun-dun-dun-daaaaa-
dana-duna-dun-dun-dun-dun-daaaaa-"
Great song. If you like sucky ones, anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home