Friday, June 15, 2007

I Hate Taxes!

Guy converts his engine to burn veggie oil instead of gas, and still has to pay a the state? WTF?
The story HERE.

Jackass defeding the state HERE.

Anyone that thinks that taxes are "fair" is an idiot. Why do I have to pay the same taxes per gallon to fuel my motorcycle as car drivers do?

My bike weighs... well, let's do the math:

304 lbs dry weight
31.2 6.5 lbs/gallon @ 4.8 gallons gas capacity
200 (give or take) lbs of Me
30 luggage (which is almost never on the bike anyway)

as well as less than 2 quarts oil, brake fluid and radiator fluid. None of which have specs on the Kawasaki website and I'm just too lazy to look them up. Let's say another 10 lbs for all that.

That's...

571.2 lbs on two tires... or 285.6 lbs per tire.

Anyone wanna figure out what an SUV's per tire weight is for me? (I'm way too lazy...) And there's twice as many tires!

Just a thought: Do they charge the Amish for their horse-drawn buggies?
Why not? They weigh a heck of a lot more than my Ninja. Plus, I get the privilege
of paying higher excise taxes on my plates per $ of value of the vehicle, more for my license, and I pay the same per gallon of gas as someone in a car, despite putting only...

Just ticks me right off.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ever heard of purple diesel mike? jeff

5:40 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

I betcha iron-shod horses put some wear and tear on a road surface, too.

But the Amish have a pretty good gig going. Hatest thou not the player, English. Hatest thou the game. ;)

7:51 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

It IS just a randomly assessed highway tax, Leelee.

12:59 AM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Luke: I'm not English, I'm a DAMN YANKEE, remember?

4:05 AM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

Down here, "damnyankee" is pronounced and written as one word, Mike.

12:31 PM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home