He's a FUNNY God.
Last week, I was trying to get inside my house. My deadbolt lock on my side door was sticking. Now I have a front door, but there's a chair in the way of it opening very far so it's a pain to open and get through.
So there I was, jiggling the lock and trying to open it. It wasn't budging. I broke a key off in the lock a few years back so I'm very wary of trying to force locks.
Jiggled the key, shook the doorknob. Nada.
I rolled my eyes skyward and asked Him something flippant like "Can I get a little help here?" (I am a little bashful in admitting my prayers aren't nearly as formal as I would like.)
The very next TINY twist of my wrist opened the door.
Too funny. I think I laughed out loud too.
I thanked Him and went to get my toolkit to disassemble the lock and lube it good with graphite. Now it works great. (And it occurs to me I need to do the front door too.)
Coincidence? Luck? Maybe. But it's awfully strange to me that it didn't happen with all my efforts, even after I got a little frustrated.
I asked Him for help and I believe He helped me out, even in such a small thing.
He's a kindly God. Even to those of us that are far less than perfect in our observances.
So there I was, jiggling the lock and trying to open it. It wasn't budging. I broke a key off in the lock a few years back so I'm very wary of trying to force locks.
Jiggled the key, shook the doorknob. Nada.
I rolled my eyes skyward and asked Him something flippant like "Can I get a little help here?" (I am a little bashful in admitting my prayers aren't nearly as formal as I would like.)
The very next TINY twist of my wrist opened the door.
Too funny. I think I laughed out loud too.
I thanked Him and went to get my toolkit to disassemble the lock and lube it good with graphite. Now it works great. (And it occurs to me I need to do the front door too.)
Coincidence? Luck? Maybe. But it's awfully strange to me that it didn't happen with all my efforts, even after I got a little frustrated.
I asked Him for help and I believe He helped me out, even in such a small thing.
He's a kindly God. Even to those of us that are far less than perfect in our observances.
Labels: a jerk in progress, Faith, God

2 Comments:
that's usually how it happens with me. I handle just about as much as I can on my own and then say God, could ya please just help a girl out...and shazam...done.
And yes I know it's been far too long since I've graced everyone with my presence. :) How are ya doing?
LeeLee!!!!!! Welcome back!
MM, God bless ya! It's wonderful to hear that you are "in progress". Also, it's encouraging when others experience those wonderful moments where God reaches down and graces someone with the "little things in life". Enjoy it!
Post a Comment
<< Home