Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'll make Jorge's enemy list yet!

"What would happen if a president just refused to go? To remove him, someone would have to act. Who? Little would be necessary to stop a coup, granted. A couple of helicopters of Marines landing across the street from the White House would be enough. The various federal police bully civilians well (ask Steve Hatfill *see the end of this post), but would find fighting real men another thing. But who in the military would have the courage to do it?"

The rest of the piece.

Take the time to read all of Fred's columns on the left. Great stuff. I don't agree with it all, but the man has lived a Hemingway-esque life.

I just have to remember to buy one of his books and see if it's worth the cash.



* Steve Hatfill is the accussed anthrax killer... strange we haven't heard much about that lately... Wiki Entry I somehow doubt the feds wouldn't have gotten a death penalty conviction by now if they had a shred of evidence.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home