Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Well if your ass wasn't so tight...

... it wouldn't hurt when I raped you!!

Quote:
In May 1776 Virginia alleged that the depreciation was attributable to people's refusal to accept the notes, or to the insistence on higher prices in terms of paper money than in coin, or by "other devices"; the following year the Virginia assembly blamed the depreciation on "the pernicious artifices of the enemies of American liberty, to impair the credit of the said bills, by raising the nominal value" of coin. The Massachusetts General Court spoke of "the avaricious conduct of many persons, by daily adding to the now exorbitant price of every necessary and convenient article of life."

End quote, from here:
http://www.mises.org/story/2340

The tune never changes. Governments rape the people. In the case of our own time (and for about 100 years now) via the Federal Reserve. Which is a conspiracy run by private banks to rape the U.S. "dollar" (look up the real definition of that Spanish word sometime).

And when the populace complains about the raping and/or acts against it, the government blames the people for not being compliant in helping rob themselves of their hard-earned wealth.

BTW: Wealth is NOT the same as money. Compare what a million dollar could buy in 1906 vs. today. Here's a hint: about 50 years ago, my grandparents bought their 2 story home (with full basement, attic, and a good deal of land) in Bedford, MA for around $5000. Now that won't even cover a year's worth of rental payments in the worst place in town. My brother was going to have to pay well over $2000 a month to rent a decent apartment. So in less than three months he'd have spent enough to buy my grandparents' home. I'm still stunned to think of it that way.

All because rich, evil bastards figured out how to rob us without most of us having a damn clue, other than on some instinctual level.

I don't have much of a point, just venting. I'm just so sick of seeing evil go unpunished in this world.

Continuing from the link:

"Let me close by bringing to your attention something I read not long ago in arguably the most prestigious historical journal in the English-speaking world. Now I realize I probably shouldn't be surprised at much of what I read in the professional journals, but I was really quite shocked, looking through the American Historical Review, to come across a 1929 article on Revolutionary War finance by Ralph Volney Harlow.

Wartime inflation, according to Harlow, was simply not that bad. Sure, people suffer under an inflated currency, since they see their savings sometimes dramatically reduced in value. But he reminded us that, after all, "what the public might lose in depreciation would be counterbalanced by the gain to the government of means to finance the war."

You don't say — the government is enriched to the extent that the public is looted. A real insight, that."

and finally...
"In the eighteenth century, people learned lessons from their wartime experience, and devotion to hard money was widespread in the years that followed. Today, the workings of the Federal Reserve are so obscure to most people that hardly anyone is even aware that there is a lesson to be learned in the first place. It is in just such an intellectual environment that government is able to get away with its greatest mischief."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home