Intersting Perspective On Drunk Driving
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/crovelli5.html
I have to admit having sympathy for this kind of thought. I've only driven drunk once in my life. And I doubt I was over the limit anyway. I had two beers with my dinner at Hooters, the 2nd downed very quickly. The effect of the 2nd didn't hit me until after I was on the interstate headed home. I started to worry, but just pulled into the far right lane and did 55 the rest of the way home.
And I also have to admit that I have been far worse of a driving hazard driving while exhausted than I've ever been because of alcohol. I started hallucinating at one point on an all-nighter back in '91. And again in '95. All night driving is a horrible idea.
I have to admit having sympathy for this kind of thought. I've only driven drunk once in my life. And I doubt I was over the limit anyway. I had two beers with my dinner at Hooters, the 2nd downed very quickly. The effect of the 2nd didn't hit me until after I was on the interstate headed home. I started to worry, but just pulled into the far right lane and did 55 the rest of the way home.
And I also have to admit that I have been far worse of a driving hazard driving while exhausted than I've ever been because of alcohol. I started hallucinating at one point on an all-nighter back in '91. And again in '95. All night driving is a horrible idea.
Labels: alcohol, crime, drinking, government, police

1 Comments:
MADD really should change their name to MADP- "Mothers Against Drinking, Period". Back home in Texas, the alcohol nazis have been arresting people for just being intoxicated in a bar. They weren't behind the wheel, they weren't even creating a disturbance or bothering anybody.
There's nothing wrong with drinking (Christ's first recorded miracle was transforming jars of water into wine for a wedding celebration, after all). Getting drunk isn't a good idea, but as long as you aren't endangering someone else (or disturbing my sleep), I'd say it's your business.
People also impair their abilities to the point of becoming a road hazard by driving too long without a break, trying to use their cell phones or eat while driving, etc. I also think that slow drivers, especially ones who hog the passing lane, cause a lot of accidents, because they make people mad, and when people get mad behind the wheel, they can do dumb, reckless stuff.
Have a blessed Palm Sunday!
Post a Comment
<< Home