Monday, April 02, 2007

Never Thought Of The Ass(hole) Party That Way...

This is an interesting perspective:

"Why don't liberals ever suggest that the government lower taxes after a war is over?

I have watched liberal politicians for 50 years. I have never heard one of them call for tax reductions after a war. Always, they say, "Now let's spend the money that the IRS collected, plus the money we borrowed, on the poor. Don't lower taxes."

With whatever money the public was willing to pay to fund the war, the Democrats want to spend forever: to seek votes of the poor and votes of guilt-ridden middle class liberals."

Might actually be some truth to it, though I think not for most of the politicians. After all, the Democrats got the United States into WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Not too bad a record for the last century, eh?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home