Monday, April 02, 2007

I'm WAY Ahead On This Curve...

Pro Sports filled with thugs? Say it ain't so!!

I haven't really followed the NBA for almost a decade now. When the Pacers went down to Shaq & the Orlando Magic in 95 (Thanks, Wikepedia!), I was shaken as a fan. I thought the officiating was horrendous. And it's only gotten worse IMO.

I attended one of the first home games after the suspensions following the wonderous brawl that cost Reggie his NBA Championship. And the NBA FUCKED the Boston Celtics hard. They gave the Pacers EVERY call in a manner so unfair I wanted to puke. And I was inclined to cheer for the Pacers.

Mark Cuban has done statistical analysis of the NBA and how they assign refs to certain games. He has shown strong evidence to suggest that the head suits put certain refs in certain games to influence the outcomes of those games to determine outcomes and extend the length of the playoff series. And I don't doubt it for a second.

The NBA (and increasingly, the NFL) cater to stupid thugs. The worst, scummiest, downright retarded-est aspects of this country's society get sucked off on national TV at every game. I don't blame the players for embracing it. Why not? They get to sit on their ass for more than half the year, be scumbags, treat women as cum-dumpsters (so long as they wear the raincoats or hire someone to off the ho) and deposit millions of bucks for playing kid's games into their 30's!

AND the general population bows and scrapes at their feet the entire time!

As for the NFL, my team just won the SuperBowl and I didn't even care. So much so that I haven't bought a single piece of Colts gear (though I might just for my trip out to Boston this week, just to piss off some Pats fans.) I miss watching the games with my brothers. That's it. It was something to do on Sunday. And I do like the game. I like to see well-executed plays, regardless of the particular jersey being worn. I love watching guys like Peyton and Tom Brady go off in a game. I just really cannot get all wrapped up in caring one way or another anymore about the outcome.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home