That God...
He really has just no mercy on me.
I attended noon Mass today at St. Lawrence.
It was okay, except the fact that my singing voice grates even on me. And the pastor was an African (I guess) with a very thick accent. Even on a passage that I recognized, I couldn't understand him very well. But he seems passionate, which is a good sign.
Of course, I couldn't stop thinking of Homer (that's for you, Dave!).
Oh, and JD on Scrubs saying "I love me them church crackers!". Which were AWFUL, BTW.
And here I was worried about my un-pressed pants. Some folks were dressed for the beach. I don't get it.
I attended noon Mass today at St. Lawrence.
It was okay, except the fact that my singing voice grates even on me. And the pastor was an African (I guess) with a very thick accent. Even on a passage that I recognized, I couldn't understand him very well. But he seems passionate, which is a good sign.
Of course, I couldn't stop thinking of Homer (that's for you, Dave!).
Oh, and JD on Scrubs saying "I love me them church crackers!". Which were AWFUL, BTW.
And here I was worried about my un-pressed pants. Some folks were dressed for the beach. I don't get it.
Labels: A Jerk In Progress, God, religion

4 Comments:
Have you decided to become Catholic?
The African Catholic clergy tend to be a devout, orthodox, no-nonsense bunch. There was a conservative cardinal from Africa who was considered for Pope this last go-round. But I think they got another good one in Benedict XVI.
I was baptized Catholic. I have no use for man-made doctrine, if it's not in the Bible, I'm going to be looking at it hard before just swallowing whatever they tell me.
The Catholic Church is the one where my brother got married, it's literally right up the street from my house. And I have a friend that attends there as well as my bro's mother in law.
I just think the atmosphere is more sterile than my brother's Catholic church further away.
Even as an unbeliever, I felt the camaraderie that permeated that church. It impressed me and I felt the sense of belonging there.
I doubt I'll settle on any particular church anytime soon.
I have no use for man-made doctrine, if it's not in the Bible, I'm going to be looking at it hard before just swallowing whatever they tell me.
The belief you just enunciated is called "sola scriptura", and, with due respect to any Catholics out there (I have dear Catholic friends, I DO consider them fellow Christians, and I respect the depth of their faith) there are certain beliefs and practices of the RCC you are going to have a hard time finding in the Bible.
[ducks]
No offense taken on my part, Luke.
I'm a neophyte Christian. Period.
I'll figure it out. Or not. I doubt the details mean terribly much in the long run.
Post a Comment
<< Home