Sunday, June 17, 2007

Now THAT Was Interesting...

Cool live tunes with two bands at a new (to me) outdoor venue and a very nice night outside.

The bands were Rebuilt (they rock! and there's their MySpace link) and Someday (they rock too!). I sorta know Rebuilt (they're friends of Jason's and some other friends). Someday sounded great too. Their bassist had a KILLER tone going. He pulled some very cool lines out with his pick. Their last song, he let some open strings ring, getting some very cool chordal stuff going. It sounded like a Tony Levin line or something. Very different and VERY cool.

They also played an awesome cover of Led Zep's "What Is And Should Never Be".

One complaint, the PA had WAY TOO MUCH of the cymbals. They were TOO LOUD! And I'm a drummer!

Thanks for inviting me out, Phil! You and Rebuilt both rawk! Thanks to Annette for the cool talk too. And thanks to Chris just for being him and RAWKING too!

PLUS! In addition to the tunes, I got lots of humour, a damn good burger, swapped spit with some hot blonde (amazing what happens when you leave your gentlemanly instincts at home) and, and, AND!

...the beer I left in the freezer didn't even explode in the hours that I was gone. Only because it was neck down in frozen water BUT STILL!!!

Even the dumbasses that messed with my bike (see last post) didn't foul my mood (okay, they did, but not too much).

I guess maybe my luck is turning around a bit.

About F'in' time, says I.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason L. Maier said...

Wish I were there...I bet it was cool watching Phil mack on ALL the chicks.

11:22 AM, June 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home