The Mighty Micro Machines!
"Perhaps I’m being a bit facetious here, but I think that a telling symptom of today’s languid apathy is the inconceivable willingness to watch big-screen blockbusters on an iPod. Gosh, I can only imagine how exciting it is to experience Star Wars with tiny ear buds while watching it on a screen that’s smaller than a Post-it note. A slight smudge from a sticky hand could block out the Death Star completely. May the force be with you, at least until the battery needs charging. Oh, how thrilling it must be to watch the charging armies in Braveheart when they’re three-quarters of an inch tall! "They can take our lives, but they’ll never take our convenience!"
From HERE.
I don't get the video i-Pod thing either. Or the PSP movie function. It seems beyond lame to me to watch movies on tiny little screens that give you eyestrain.
From HERE.
I don't get the video i-Pod thing either. Or the PSP movie function. It seems beyond lame to me to watch movies on tiny little screens that give you eyestrain.

4 Comments:
I do not know your age, though I think age or wisdom helps a man get off the hip-mobile. Then again, as money becomes more available or one more stable with their finances, I think the hipness goes "mature" (think from Mustang to Vet to Porsche or on up, or from batch pad, to 2 story house and family to mansion) sometimes.
Anyway, I just got off the hip-mobile and pretty much try to stay off it. For my sports and interests, I make the most sincere effort to find the best product for the need at the least cost. I do not need doodad silk screened skis by Yahzi Marckooni, the 10 year champ of something or other.
Bah, I blather. But I liked your thought, just responding.
Maybe if it's a sitcom or a documentary w/out interesting visuals.
But it seems stupid where HDTV is getting more and more detailed to go... smaller.
Whatever. At least I get to save some dough and I don't care about being hip.
While I use my iPod almost daily to listen to music, or educational stuff, it's actually on vacation that my iPod sees the most work of its video feature. It's small, and compact, and sitting on an airplane I can watch/listen to some of my favorite movies to TV shows. Granted, I would never suggest watching a film for the film time on the small screen, but when you're traveling and don't feel like lugging around a portable DVD player, which you have to physically change DVDs, instead I roll with this tiny little object that fits in my pocket and has 80 hours worth of different videos on it. I could be watching "National Trasure" and get bored - with a few clicks of the wheel, I'm suddenly watching my favorite episode of "Heroes".
Again, I'd never use to watch something for the first time, but it is very convenient for watching (or just listening while you fall asleep) to things that you enjoy, mostly when you travel. Because I sure don't sit around my house watching stuff on that little screen!
"I could be watching "National Trasure" and get bored"
What a coincidence! I was really bored watching that movie too!
Post a Comment
<< Home