Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shut Up & Play Yer... Violin?

What a lovely woman. Ann Marie Calhoun... a Chinese hillbilly (HER description, not mine) previously played violin for Jethro Tull. Very weird... and HAWT!!!

And now she's wailing on the violin and keyboards for Steve Vai this tour. I'm so stoked about this concert. Almost two months to go... I'm getting anxious! I almost NEVER get anxious about stuff.

(I love Dave Weiner's expression. It's almost like "Ahhhhh!!!! GODZIRRA!!!")

EDIT: She's even lovelier in person. I got to meet her at something like 2am this morning. She was one of the few members of Vai's band that hung out at the aftershow until I got through the line. I was 3rd to last.

She played amazingly. She played the main melody of "For The Love Of God" and just stunned me. She's a classical player but also a hillbilly fiddler. Very odd combination, but it makes her playing both tight AND loose. Very precise, but rocking with the great taste of cheddar!

I can't say enough about the concert overall. That's gonna get a new entry later on, along with the travel story... UGH....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home