Three Motorcycle Trips To Ponder
Now these would have to be made after I get my next (and more importantly BIGGER) motorcycle.
But it can't hurt to think about the future.
1) The original Route 66. Chicago to LA. 2448 miles. I'd probably want to do a return trip by going up the Pacific coast to Washington and then a northern route to come back.
2) The entire Mississippi River (admittedly inspired by Alton Brown's "Feasting On Asphalt" show on Food Network) Lake Itasca, Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. 2320 miles for the river. That's not the route I'd have to ride, I'd figure closer to 3000 just to be safe.
3) The Appalachian Trail. Georgia to Maine (or Canada, sorta unofficially). Over 2000 miles.
I'm thinking combining the Mississippi River & Appalachian Trail trips would be really cool. Then maybe a return via Canada, eh? A 8000 mile trip or so. With a bigger bike, 700 miles a day wouldn't be out of the question. That's only 10 hours on the bike at 70MPH. Not at all out of the question. Hell, I did almost 500 miles on my 250 Ninja in one day... but then again I do really like to make unexpected stops. Hmmmmm...
But it can't hurt to think about the future.
1) The original Route 66. Chicago to LA. 2448 miles. I'd probably want to do a return trip by going up the Pacific coast to Washington and then a northern route to come back.
2) The entire Mississippi River (admittedly inspired by Alton Brown's "Feasting On Asphalt" show on Food Network) Lake Itasca, Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. 2320 miles for the river. That's not the route I'd have to ride, I'd figure closer to 3000 just to be safe.
3) The Appalachian Trail. Georgia to Maine (or Canada, sorta unofficially). Over 2000 miles.
I'm thinking combining the Mississippi River & Appalachian Trail trips would be really cool. Then maybe a return via Canada, eh? A 8000 mile trip or so. With a bigger bike, 700 miles a day wouldn't be out of the question. That's only 10 hours on the bike at 70MPH. Not at all out of the question. Hell, I did almost 500 miles on my 250 Ninja in one day... but then again I do really like to make unexpected stops. Hmmmmm...
Labels: guy stuff, motorcycles, vacation

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home