Tuesday, January 29, 2008

*POOF*

And she's gone. A co-worker of mine dropped dead in our office right before I got to work this morning. She had a heart attack right there in her cube and died.

It seems so unreal. She wasn't a friend, but it really does make you think. I'm reflecting on my life and wondering about close calls I've had on my motorcycle and other events that could have easily led to my... departure.

My legacy would be underwhelming, to say the least. And I'm wondering about my afterlife too.

Jesus said many that called out "Lord, Lord!" would not be chosen. And even some of those that cast out demons in HIS name would not be up in Heaven. Makes you wonder if your soul is REALLY ready. If you are truly worthy of His Grace.

Me... I have my doubts. I wish I didn't. My best friend didn't seem to like this line of inquiry tonight one bit. But these questions remain.

But I'm dead tired and emotionally drained. So what do I know, really?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger BoysMom said...

Michael, we don't have to be worthy. If we did, it wouldn't be grace.
"For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.(Typing from memory, likely missplaced capitals and punctuation.)
We're not perfect, not yet. He's perfecting us. We don't have to be worthy, we have to believe. If your question is whether or not you truly believe, ask yourself if your life has changed as a result of your belief. Do you now do things you wouldn't have done before? Do you not do things you would have done before? There's your answer.
I think the people who call out 'Lord, Lord' and will not be chosen are those who are social christians, for lack of a better term. Those who go to church because it's good for their standing in the community, for their jobs, for their social life, not because they believe. They're there, saying the Lord's Prayer with the rest of us, but it doesn't mean anything personal to them, it's just what they do to fit in. My opinion, probably worth what you paid for it.

11:22 AM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Thanks for the thoughts.

(I hope my more-than-occassional vulgarities won't drive you away.)

10:28 PM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger BoysMom said...

I don't drive away easy, Michael, though I generally don't comment most places. I've even been known to cuss on occasion (it is so much more effective when used rarely, especially by a woman). I survived music school and two years of Army ROTC: there ain't nothing vulger you can write that I haven't heard. I might just avoid your website when my newly reading five year old is looking over my shoulder, though!

1:54 PM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home