So Which Word Of God Do I Choose?
http://bible.cc/micah/6-8.htm
Interesting site. I especially like the parallel translations. Learning my limited amount of German, I know there's plenty of stuff that just does not translate. Add in 2000+ years and you have an easy way to create misunderstandings.
I might just have to go buy a copy like that.
Anyone care to share why they like their favorite particular version of the Bible?
Interesting site. I especially like the parallel translations. Learning my limited amount of German, I know there's plenty of stuff that just does not translate. Add in 2000+ years and you have an easy way to create misunderstandings.
I might just have to go buy a copy like that.
Anyone care to share why they like their favorite particular version of the Bible?
Labels: Bible

3 Comments:
I read the NIV.
It is easy to read long passages without feeling like I'm struggling through Shakespeare.
And it is the one recommended to me by folks I trust.
I wouldn't trust it for it's accuracy, but The Message is an easy translation to read. It's written in modern English.
When looking for accuracy, I tend to go with Messianic Jewish Bibles, ones that focus on the original languages. You can even get bilingual Hebrew/English and Greek/English paralleled translations. Put that together with a good concordance and you're set.
Well I have a NIV version and it is easy to read.
But I like pondering odd quirks of language anyway.
Thanks for the input.
Post a Comment
<< Home