FINE... I'll Admit It...
Shane was right about "The Happening" film.
http://shanemwhite.blogspot.com/2008/06/happening-review.html
I think I saw the long "red band" trailer to which he refers. But he's right for the most part. If you've seen the long preview for this film, you've seen ALMOST the entire film and there's really no point in watching it. Especially if you're dead tired and paid $9.50 to see this P.O.S. (It hurts a lot more to realize you could have trekked over two miles west and seen it gratis!)
There was one little thing about the film that I liked and I really liked it a whole lot. But it was so freaking minor a thing in the grand scheme of the film... if you don't care highlight the next paragraph so's ya can read it. (SPOILER ALERT)
The scene at the end where she's waiting to tell Marky Mark that she's knocked up. She looks absolutely adorable. She captured the joy and anticipation of telling him perfectly. Now I didn't like her until that scene. In fact, I didn't even realize it was the girl from "Elf" until I looked her up on IMDB later. But she did a really good job there. In fact, I'm quite amazed that I could dislike her so intensely for two hours and then fall in love with her character in all of 5 seconds.
I think M. Night Shamalongadingdong just got lucky with "The 6th Sense" and he's been coasting ever since. "Unbreakable" was okay. The others I've seen just sucked. "The Villiage" was really bad. "The Happening" and "Signs" were both really bad.
His next one, I'm just waiting to rent it, if I watch it at all.
http://shanemwhite.blogspot.com/2008/06/happening-review.html
I think I saw the long "red band" trailer to which he refers. But he's right for the most part. If you've seen the long preview for this film, you've seen ALMOST the entire film and there's really no point in watching it. Especially if you're dead tired and paid $9.50 to see this P.O.S. (It hurts a lot more to realize you could have trekked over two miles west and seen it gratis!)
There was one little thing about the film that I liked and I really liked it a whole lot. But it was so freaking minor a thing in the grand scheme of the film... if you don't care highlight the next paragraph so's ya can read it. (SPOILER ALERT)
The scene at the end where she's waiting to tell Marky Mark that she's knocked up. She looks absolutely adorable. She captured the joy and anticipation of telling him perfectly. Now I didn't like her until that scene. In fact, I didn't even realize it was the girl from "Elf" until I looked her up on IMDB later. But she did a really good job there. In fact, I'm quite amazed that I could dislike her so intensely for two hours and then fall in love with her character in all of 5 seconds.
I think M. Night Shamalongadingdong just got lucky with "The 6th Sense" and he's been coasting ever since. "Unbreakable" was okay. The others I've seen just sucked. "The Villiage" was really bad. "The Happening" and "Signs" were both really bad.
His next one, I'm just waiting to rent it, if I watch it at all.
Labels: movies, Shane is Wrong

2 Comments:
The ONLY thing good about his next project: He's NOT writing it (at least not as of now) - he's adapting the Avatar cartoon into a movie. And I believe the script is already written. But, I still probably won't watch it.
I'm not a fan of "Signs" or "Village" but I don't think they are that bad. "Lady in the Water" on the other hand was the second biggest piece of shit - behind "The Happening"...
damn...its called "suspension of disbelief," look it up! heck, first...you guys need to quit looking at trailers, they ALL give away the ending. second, you gotta stop judging films on what you want them to do, and start judging them on what the actually do. ie: signs is about the family dynamic and it makes you believe that water soluble aliens are the ones invading...its actually well constructed(and that hurts to say.) and third: if you want good shit go to beer cannes and watch whatever the fuck i am recommending because i guarantee you its better than m. night fucking shamalamayan. if you want good shit, you gotta go to it... it dont come to you...out.
Post a Comment
<< Home