There ARE NO Atheists In Foxholes...
But plenty of assholes in Atheism.
Instructive idiocy in action.
The Money Quotes for me:
"It’s funny how differently this played out than it did when I used to bait Christians into defending their faith. I said some pretty flippant and borderline-offensive things about Christianity and the Bible, and actually ASKED Christians to fight me on it. They did. And maybe 1% of them were even remotely hostile. The rest found it in themselves to answer my questions with a calm and civil tone, and it turned into a couple of really productive debates. But this? I make one offhand reference to a quote from long ago to describe the way I was feeling in a time of stress, and Jesus Wilford Christ, you’d have thought I said atheists are dirty festering hemorrhoids on the ass of humanity and should all be wiped out. The reaction - to something that wasn’t even remotely a bait - was damn near perfectly inversely proportional to the reaction I got from Christians when I actively baited them."
and...
"The thing about arguing with Christians is that you always have a trump card. The minute they get nasty, insulting, or hateful, all you have to do is mention that this isn’t what Jesus would do. That either shuts them down or proves their hypocrisy and their own personal failure to live up to what they’re endorsing.

Instructive idiocy in action.
The Money Quotes for me:
"It’s funny how differently this played out than it did when I used to bait Christians into defending their faith. I said some pretty flippant and borderline-offensive things about Christianity and the Bible, and actually ASKED Christians to fight me on it. They did. And maybe 1% of them were even remotely hostile. The rest found it in themselves to answer my questions with a calm and civil tone, and it turned into a couple of really productive debates. But this? I make one offhand reference to a quote from long ago to describe the way I was feeling in a time of stress, and Jesus Wilford Christ, you’d have thought I said atheists are dirty festering hemorrhoids on the ass of humanity and should all be wiped out. The reaction - to something that wasn’t even remotely a bait - was damn near perfectly inversely proportional to the reaction I got from Christians when I actively baited them."
and...
"The thing about arguing with Christians is that you always have a trump card. The minute they get nasty, insulting, or hateful, all you have to do is mention that this isn’t what Jesus would do. That either shuts them down or proves their hypocrisy and their own personal failure to live up to what they’re endorsing.
Atheists, on the other hand, particularly the angry variety, well you’re just screwed. Not because they’re right or because their argument is superior, but because there is no overarching moral standard that they claim to adhere to and that you can use to prove to them their own hypocrisy. And some of them ARE hypocrites. Giant, flaming, outrageous hypocrites."

Labels: atheism, stupid people

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home