Bet It Kicks Van Halen's Ass...
http://www.chickenfoot.us/
Not much at that link just yet, merely a silly little video.
But I'm really looking forward to this one. I think all four members of Chickenfoot are great players. This should be one seriously monster-sounding, balls-slamming-rock band.
In case you don't know, Chickenfoot is:
* Sammy Hagar from Van Halen
* Michael Anthony from Van Halen (Eddie is a serious asshole.)
* Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers and Wild Thornberries
* freaking Joe Satriani in his first "band" situation since he became famous as a solo artist in the mid-80's.
Michael Anthony lays it down and makes things feel really good. With him and the funky and slamming Chad Smith as the anchors, Sammy on vocals and guitar and FREAKING JOE SATRIANI... this ought to be good.
I just hope they tour and come here to Indy. And that decent tickets aren't in the Eagles range.
Not much at that link just yet, merely a silly little video.
But I'm really looking forward to this one. I think all four members of Chickenfoot are great players. This should be one seriously monster-sounding, balls-slamming-rock band.
In case you don't know, Chickenfoot is:
* Sammy Hagar from Van Halen
* Michael Anthony from Van Halen (Eddie is a serious asshole.)
* Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers and Wild Thornberries
* freaking Joe Satriani in his first "band" situation since he became famous as a solo artist in the mid-80's.
Michael Anthony lays it down and makes things feel really good. With him and the funky and slamming Chad Smith as the anchors, Sammy on vocals and guitar and FREAKING JOE SATRIANI... this ought to be good.
I just hope they tour and come here to Indy. And that decent tickets aren't in the Eagles range.

2 Comments:
I can honestly say I have NEVER been THIS excited about an album ever in my life.
BRING IT ON!!!
I don't think he's underrated so much as he's just a good, solid bassist.
I think he added much more with his background vocals to VH than most gave him credit for. In a way, I think his singing gave him a bigger presence than his bass did.
Especially since he was so freaking buried in the mix most of the time.
And I call Eddie an asshole more because of how he's talking about Michael Anthony now rather than the fact that he fired him or didn't ask him to come back. There's an interview with Eddie by Howard Stern where he's ripping MA and just sounding like such a total dick.
Post a Comment
<< Home