Mmmmm... Local Produce...
Indiana Vodka... Good stuff! I just opened the bottle and had two half shots neat. I like to try everything that way first.
Indiana Vodka is smooth and pretty tasty, so far as vodkas go. Almost no burn in my throat. It actually smells harsher than it tastes, which is a first so far as I can remember.
I usually buy cheaper vodkas (Gordon's, Seagrams or Smirnoff). They're all usually around $10 but decent. I almost keep it in the freezer. I'm not sure I want to do that with this one though. It's more than good enough neat to keep it room temp in the cabinet.
And I'm thinking it should be very good on the rocks with a bit of lime.
It is a bit spendy at $27 a bottle over at Vine & Table. But they can be on the expensive side so I will check the other local liquor stores soon enough. But I bought there because I could try before buying. The sales guy Denis said it's selling very, very well. Good to hear.
IV (hey, I like that!) is at least as good as any other vodka I've tried. Plus it's made locally and the folks over at Heartland Distillers are already talking about making a gin (which is really just flavoured vodka anyway) and maybe even a bourbon down the road.
It would be pretty cool to have a local brand making good stuff be successful, so I think I shall be doing to do my part and keep at least one bottle in stock.
Indiana Vodka is smooth and pretty tasty, so far as vodkas go. Almost no burn in my throat. It actually smells harsher than it tastes, which is a first so far as I can remember.
I usually buy cheaper vodkas (Gordon's, Seagrams or Smirnoff). They're all usually around $10 but decent. I almost keep it in the freezer. I'm not sure I want to do that with this one though. It's more than good enough neat to keep it room temp in the cabinet.
And I'm thinking it should be very good on the rocks with a bit of lime.
It is a bit spendy at $27 a bottle over at Vine & Table. But they can be on the expensive side so I will check the other local liquor stores soon enough. But I bought there because I could try before buying. The sales guy Denis said it's selling very, very well. Good to hear.
IV (hey, I like that!) is at least as good as any other vodka I've tried. Plus it's made locally and the folks over at Heartland Distillers are already talking about making a gin (which is really just flavoured vodka anyway) and maybe even a bourbon down the road.
It would be pretty cool to have a local brand making good stuff be successful, so I think I shall be doing to do my part and keep at least one bottle in stock.

1 Comments:
Nothing beats Dark Eyes.
Post a Comment
<< Home