Monday, September 07, 2009

Mmmmmmmmmmm .... Garlic ...

I don't remember how, but I ended up finding one of this guy's YouTube videos. He's whacky and fun but the videos and his blog go far in showing what's needed to make yummy stuff.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/

So after drooling and thinking about how good this particular one probably was, the other day I made this garlic aioli stuff.



The aioli came together really easily, much easier than I had expected. If you read on sauces, folks whine about breaking sauces really easily. But this method worked perfectly.

I put about half the aioli on toasted french bread and it was heavenly. If you go to the supermarket, you often see pre-garliced bread. That stuff is crap. THIS is the real deal. I imagine it might be even better if you smeared it on the bread and then baked it. But I didn't think of that until just now.

After scarfing down the bread, I had about half the aioli left. So I started dipping my garden's cherry and grape tomatoes into it. More bliss.

The next night I finished the aioli off with more toasted bread.

The only thing I think that would have improved it was a little Kosher salt (which I added) and fresh lemon juice instead of the bottled stuff I had on hand.

So today I put together this:



Smelling it after pureeing, I can only say the Anchormanesque "Pungent!" came to mind.

But now I'm letting it soak in the garlic goodness overnight. So I need to find something else to eat tonight besides a salad.

Anyway, if you like garlic then you should try the aioli. It really is as easy as the video appears and it's very, very yummy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home