Popped THAT cherry!
I just dropped my Ninja in the driveway.
Well I didn't really drop it. I parked it and as I walked away the stand must have slipped in the gravel. I THOUGHT I had put the stand on the cement.
It dropped right on my roses and I think I smelled burning peppermint from the tailpipe.
But it's good to know it's not hard to straight-out lift up the thing off the ground! And I suppose it's better I saw and heard it fall rather than me being in the house and it leaking $3 a gallon gasoline all over my garden.
As damage goes, it looks like almost nothing. All cosmetic scratches, none look to be past the clear coat of the fairing areas. The left tailpipe, centerstand, kickstand and footpeg have some scratching. But nothing looks worse than normal wear other than the front turn signal. It has some scratching on it.
So, really, all that swearing I did for nothing. Motherfucker!
Well while I'm typing, I suppose I may as well put up a riding report for today. So here it is:
I went to Bloomington (again) to look for some "Made in the USA" motorcycle boots. I started out later than I expected (around 3:30) and stopped for lunch at Wendy's in Martinsville. So of course I couldn't find the place in Bloomington until 4 minutes after they closed. Here's another one: Motherfucker!
I swear there wasn't a sign for Rogers street coming over SR46 from SR37. I am quite pissed off about this.
I looked in the College Mall and came up empty. So I headed home, coming up SR45 from Bloomington to Bean Blossom. A internet riding guide said this was a fun, twisty road. Man, they were dead on! I was pushing up to the edge of my abilities. But I still never crossed the centerline accidently. I did skid out a bit downshifting before I straightened up in one turn. But I recovered almost instantly and didn't panic or lose control of the bike.
But I'm still speeding WAY too much. I found myself doing 70 indicated. In the middle of Greenwood! I just... go! And then I'm speeding without trying at all. It's making me really nervous and I better get it under control quick before the tickets start piling up.
I'm over 1300 miles on the Ninja so far. This has gone by super-quick and I can't wait to pass 100,000!
Well I didn't really drop it. I parked it and as I walked away the stand must have slipped in the gravel. I THOUGHT I had put the stand on the cement.
It dropped right on my roses and I think I smelled burning peppermint from the tailpipe.
But it's good to know it's not hard to straight-out lift up the thing off the ground! And I suppose it's better I saw and heard it fall rather than me being in the house and it leaking $3 a gallon gasoline all over my garden.
As damage goes, it looks like almost nothing. All cosmetic scratches, none look to be past the clear coat of the fairing areas. The left tailpipe, centerstand, kickstand and footpeg have some scratching. But nothing looks worse than normal wear other than the front turn signal. It has some scratching on it.
So, really, all that swearing I did for nothing. Motherfucker!
Well while I'm typing, I suppose I may as well put up a riding report for today. So here it is:
I went to Bloomington (again) to look for some "Made in the USA" motorcycle boots. I started out later than I expected (around 3:30) and stopped for lunch at Wendy's in Martinsville. So of course I couldn't find the place in Bloomington until 4 minutes after they closed. Here's another one: Motherfucker!
I swear there wasn't a sign for Rogers street coming over SR46 from SR37. I am quite pissed off about this.
I looked in the College Mall and came up empty. So I headed home, coming up SR45 from Bloomington to Bean Blossom. A internet riding guide said this was a fun, twisty road. Man, they were dead on! I was pushing up to the edge of my abilities. But I still never crossed the centerline accidently. I did skid out a bit downshifting before I straightened up in one turn. But I recovered almost instantly and didn't panic or lose control of the bike.
But I'm still speeding WAY too much. I found myself doing 70 indicated. In the middle of Greenwood! I just... go! And then I'm speeding without trying at all. It's making me really nervous and I better get it under control quick before the tickets start piling up.
I'm over 1300 miles on the Ninja so far. This has gone by super-quick and I can't wait to pass 100,000!
Labels: motorcycles

3 Comments:
Behave. I just answered your comment/question on boots at my blog.
Lets go ridin'.
Well, they say there are two kinds of riders: those who have dropped, and those who will drop. I guess this means you don't have to dread the inevitable drop any more. I dropped Nate's dirt bike; I hope that counts so I don't have to drop my Ninja.
Well this wasn't really a drop since I wasn't moving.
And I already dropped my dad's old Honda and my Honda Rebel. Once because of near-invisible silt-fine dirt in a turn at a corner, too late to react before I bit going probably 10MPH.
The other was all my fault, going too fast and not paying attention. Going at least 15 if not 20 and I dumped hard, having the bike land on my left leg. Didn't even hurt it that bad. Rode the hour and a half home after that no problems, except for the broken mirror.
Post a Comment
<< Home