I'm MAD About MAD COW!
Madness re: MAD COW DISEASE!
This case has been going on for a while. I just rolled my eyes when I heard of it the first time.
But if you really think the government's looking out for you, read this article. The feds are filing a lawsuit about testing for Mad Cow disease.
As in, PREVENTING a company from doing that testing on every cow slaughtered for meat.
Why? Well "The Agriculture Department regulates the test and argued that widespread testing could lead to a false positive that would harm the meat industry."
At least that's what they want you to think. But this is likely just bribed bureaucrats keeping a small company from making advertisements like this
"Every one of our cows of their is tested. Is yours?"
Some big agri-bizness exec is very likely paying off someone at the AG DEPT to keep their expenses down.
Our safety is not their concern. Almost ever.
Always follow the money.
This case has been going on for a while. I just rolled my eyes when I heard of it the first time.
But if you really think the government's looking out for you, read this article. The feds are filing a lawsuit about testing for Mad Cow disease.
As in, PREVENTING a company from doing that testing on every cow slaughtered for meat.
Why? Well "The Agriculture Department regulates the test and argued that widespread testing could lead to a false positive that would harm the meat industry."
At least that's what they want you to think. But this is likely just bribed bureaucrats keeping a small company from making advertisements like this
"Every one of our cows of their is tested. Is yours?"
Some big agri-bizness exec is very likely paying off someone at the AG DEPT to keep their expenses down.
Our safety is not their concern. Almost ever.
Always follow the money.
Labels: animals, food, government

2 Comments:
This is why I like you, Mike. You're consistent.
I didn't give you the shit you asked for at Nat's blog, because I already made a drunk fool of myself in that thread.
But I like it when a libertarian (or a "conservative") actually follows their principles.
My only problem with libertarians, is that the rubber has to actually meet the road for the car to go.
My problem with "liberals", is that the spirit of our Republic is not pussy.
My problem with "conservatives", is that they have their head in the sand about how things work, and they only complain when it affects their own family instead of the republic.
"I didn't give you the shit you asked for at Nat's blog, because I already made a drunk fool of myself in that thread."
Dude, on which one? I ask for shit all the time over there.
Post a Comment
<< Home