A Jerk In Progress Part I
(Hey, if Nate can use Neil Peart quotes for his blog posts, so can I!)
So I'm getting started with some much-needed improvements in my life, instigated somewhat by recent jarring events.
I've been tearing down the painted-over paneling on the walls of my house. I don't call it a "home" yet since I'm not really comfortable here, despite the fact that I've lived here for 3 years this August. I've done almost nothing to make the house my own. But that's changing, albeit too slowly.
I've been tearing down the paneling, breaking the thermostat, replacing said thermostat, electrocuting myself on naked wires and putting holes in my hands from protruding nails and jagged edges of wood and pressboard.
So now I have all of this ugly, naked drywall with splotches of brownish, plaster-ish stuff that "glued" the paneling to the drywall in my hallway and living room... so "mudding" and sanding and painting are soon to come. Lots and lots of work to do... such as Ethernet wiring, replacing the kitchen tile, lots of painting, maybe some furniture construction (esp. after this afternoon!).
It seems overwhelming to think of THE BIG PICTURE, but "one day at a time" I guess. Far too long overdue, too.
I reckon if I can just prevent me from doing more damage to the furniture, I think I might be okay...
So I'm getting started with some much-needed improvements in my life, instigated somewhat by recent jarring events.
I've been tearing down the painted-over paneling on the walls of my house. I don't call it a "home" yet since I'm not really comfortable here, despite the fact that I've lived here for 3 years this August. I've done almost nothing to make the house my own. But that's changing, albeit too slowly.
I've been tearing down the paneling, breaking the thermostat, replacing said thermostat, electrocuting myself on naked wires and putting holes in my hands from protruding nails and jagged edges of wood and pressboard.
So now I have all of this ugly, naked drywall with splotches of brownish, plaster-ish stuff that "glued" the paneling to the drywall in my hallway and living room... so "mudding" and sanding and painting are soon to come. Lots and lots of work to do... such as Ethernet wiring, replacing the kitchen tile, lots of painting, maybe some furniture construction (esp. after this afternoon!).
It seems overwhelming to think of THE BIG PICTURE, but "one day at a time" I guess. Far too long overdue, too.
I reckon if I can just prevent me from doing more damage to the furniture, I think I might be okay...
Labels: a jerk in progress

1 Comments:
GOOD LUCK with everything bro! It was good to talk to you about everything the other night. I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment
<< Home