I Get To Watch My Favorite Musician In The World...
AND I scored an aftershow pass! I scored the ticket in my new Steve Vai "Sound Theories" CD digipack. Too cool. I thought it was a sticker at first. Then I was looking at it and wondering "What's with the lettering on my sticker?" Turns out it was the fine print.
Too cool. So I get to meet the best guitarist in the world for the... counting...
Chicago in-store appearance
Ultra Zone tour Indy out by the bus
Ultra Zone tour Columbus out by the bus
G3 tour 2001 aftershow
G3 tour 2003 aftershow
Real Illusions tour Columbus pre-show and aftershow
7th time! Ha! Too funny. Vai has a thing for the number 7. I wonder what cool thing will happen this time?
Vai has actually thanked ME the last two times I met him for being so into his performance. I was stunned both times.
The last time I saw him was in Louisville for the "Zappa Does Zappa tour". He threw a pick out to my area and I snagged it when the lights came up at the end of the show. It's residing in my Vai model signature acoustic, which was waiting for me when I came home that night. (UPS left a brand new $1000+ guitar in my driveway with no signature required.)
The next time will be at the House of Blues in Chicago this September. I cannot wait.
I also will finally get to meet Bryan Beller, a great bass player. Bryan plays for Mike Keneally and scored the Vai gig this tour. I've corresponded via email with BB but never managed to meet him.
And of course, the very cool and talented Dave Weiner. He's been Vai's longest lasting sideman ever, he started out w/ Vai in 1999. He also owes me a guitar lesson if I ever get my PC working right.
Too cool. So I get to meet the best guitarist in the world for the... counting...
Chicago in-store appearance
Ultra Zone tour Indy out by the bus
Ultra Zone tour Columbus out by the bus
G3 tour 2001 aftershow
G3 tour 2003 aftershow
Real Illusions tour Columbus pre-show and aftershow
7th time! Ha! Too funny. Vai has a thing for the number 7. I wonder what cool thing will happen this time?
Vai has actually thanked ME the last two times I met him for being so into his performance. I was stunned both times.
The last time I saw him was in Louisville for the "Zappa Does Zappa tour". He threw a pick out to my area and I snagged it when the lights came up at the end of the show. It's residing in my Vai model signature acoustic, which was waiting for me when I came home that night. (UPS left a brand new $1000+ guitar in my driveway with no signature required.)
The next time will be at the House of Blues in Chicago this September. I cannot wait.
I also will finally get to meet Bryan Beller, a great bass player. Bryan plays for Mike Keneally and scored the Vai gig this tour. I've corresponded via email with BB but never managed to meet him.
And of course, the very cool and talented Dave Weiner. He's been Vai's longest lasting sideman ever, he started out w/ Vai in 1999. He also owes me a guitar lesson if I ever get my PC working right.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home