I Love My Ninja...
I came home Fall Creek Parkway from Shane's tonight. I got it over 80MPH indicated, so I was doing 75 or so. I love that road. The trees come over the top like a canopy so it feels enclosed at certain parts. It wasn't dark yet... good thing because the deer and other critters love that road. I won't do much over 50 there at night. I've wiped out a few critters myself in my Mustang GT. One raccoon was on the side of the road and there was a car coming in the other lane. No choice... and I saw him look up just before I heard the "Thuwump!". Almost cartoonish-looking when it happened.
But that road has some nice curves, not challenging but fun. And the almost-tunnel feel of that road is too cool. Just a fun trip home, riding too fast.
Thanks for the grub, Shane. You rock. I owe you a six-pack or something.
I did notice (And WHY did it take me OVER a decade to realize???) that I'm more hesitant leaning into left-hand turns at high speeds. I would guess it's because it's my blind side. Very odd and disconcerting. And something I would work on if I knew how.
EDIT: Just thought that's maybe why I freaked back here on THIS entry?:
Funny aside: My nephew asked my mom once: "How does Uncle Mike see out of his blind eye on the motorycle?" I found it funny that he asked her instead of me. Man, I really miss my buddy Drew. I can't wait to go visit my brothers out east again.
But that road has some nice curves, not challenging but fun. And the almost-tunnel feel of that road is too cool. Just a fun trip home, riding too fast.
Thanks for the grub, Shane. You rock. I owe you a six-pack or something.
I did notice (And WHY did it take me OVER a decade to realize???) that I'm more hesitant leaning into left-hand turns at high speeds. I would guess it's because it's my blind side. Very odd and disconcerting. And something I would work on if I knew how.
EDIT: Just thought that's maybe why I freaked back here on THIS entry?:
Funny aside: My nephew asked my mom once: "How does Uncle Mike see out of his blind eye on the motorycle?" I found it funny that he asked her instead of me. Man, I really miss my buddy Drew. I can't wait to go visit my brothers out east again.
Labels: fun stuff, motorcycles

3 Comments:
How did you lose the sight?
Silly childhood accident, some 25 years ago.
Makes me swivel my head about A LOT on the cycle.
Also makes parallel parking damn near impossible for me. And keeps me from fully enjoying IMAX 3-D movies.
I'm sorry to hear that, but that's the main reason we've got two, I guess.
Post a Comment
<< Home