So What's The Biggest LIE In Our Country's History?
Reflecting on Vox's blog discussion about female suffrage. (Women suffering? Yeah, gotta get rid of that!)
So now I'm wondering what aspect of U.S. History has been the more destructive to the social, political and/or legal fabric.
My top picks:
1) The Federal Reserve, the establishment of inflationary fiat currency in the U.S.
2) That FDR bureaucratizing everything & WWII saved us from the Great Depression?
3) That Lincoln fought the War of Northern Aggression to free slaves / destruction of state's rights
4) female suffrage and the incoming nanny state
5) something else I've omitted?
My personal fave has to be #3. I think it cemented the supremacy of the feds over the states once & for all.
EDIT: Just to clarify, I was not ranking the lies, just listing some and asking for more for the list. Josh says "Reagan being a small government guy." That's a lie, and a pretty big political one, but IMO small compared to the others.
So now I'm wondering what aspect of U.S. History has been the more destructive to the social, political and/or legal fabric.
My top picks:
1) The Federal Reserve, the establishment of inflationary fiat currency in the U.S.
2) That FDR bureaucratizing everything & WWII saved us from the Great Depression?
3) That Lincoln fought the War of Northern Aggression to free slaves / destruction of state's rights
4) female suffrage and the incoming nanny state
5) something else I've omitted?
My personal fave has to be #3. I think it cemented the supremacy of the feds over the states once & for all.
EDIT: Just to clarify, I was not ranking the lies, just listing some and asking for more for the list. Josh says "Reagan being a small government guy." That's a lie, and a pretty big political one, but IMO small compared to the others.
Labels: history, philosophy, politics, propaganda

2 Comments:
Um, the whole Reagan was a small government conservative thing?
I think that #3 was the biggest lie on the whole list. Damn Yankees.
Well for impact, the old "this tax will only apply to the richest 1/2 of 1 percent of millionaires in this country" fantasy seems to be a run-away in this race.
Post a Comment
<< Home