Sunday, July 08, 2007

I Keep Thinking Of This

What's your favorite movie judged solely on the dialogue? Either the writing of and/or delivery of the dialogue.

The recent Anthony Hopkins film "Fracture" has some of the smartest, best dialogue I've ever seen in a film.

Tombstone is snappy and memorable, but I don't know if I'd call it great dialogue.

Your thoughts?

(And Transformers wasn't nearly so bad the second time.)

EDIT: I also LOVE the dialogue in "Casablanca".

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger John Peddie said...

The Usual Suspects

12:12 AM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger thimscool said...

reservoir dogs

rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

11:51 AM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Giraffe said...

This may damage my man cred. But I would say Knotting Hill. Hugh Grant is very witty. But hey, you said Casablanca, so I'm good.

In my defense, your average man flick is usually not about the dialogue.

Also, Quigley Down Under.

3:23 PM, July 08, 2007  
Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) said...

transformers is a great "man flick."

What's more manly than hot chicks and fighting robots?

8:21 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

That brunette is awfully yummy, ain't she?

And you cannot disparage Casablanca. Besides the fact that it's a classic (and I don't think that counts for much) it's a great movie.

I never saw it until about one year or so ago. GREAT movie. Just great. Some of the best dialogue I've ever seen in a film.

But let's get back on track.

More examples?

10:52 AM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Wonder Woman said...

Transformers was a GREAT flick!

I'm very impressed, and not easily, typically.

Both main chicks were pretty hot on the hot scale. The main men, not so much.. Borat, what a man :)

9:49 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger ~brb said...

Hot Shots, Part Deux.

TORTURER: I see you are no stranger to pain.

CRENNA: I was married. Twice.

11:37 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger John Peddie said...

Clerks

12:21 AM, July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home