Good Smokes...
"Arturo Fuente", that is. JACIII referred me to that brand.
Nice recommendation. I cannot recall which particular one I picked, but it was quite good late this evening. Not even harsh when my tired and tipsy self inhaled a good-sized puff on the mother.
Now I'm most likely gonna wake up hacking in 6 hours, but it was still a nice, smooth and tasty cigar.
A 1/2 shot of Makers went well with the smoke. The other half of my Bourbon ended up on the ground. A damned stupid cat jumping out of a pile of leaves in my yard startled me, and my frigid fingers were already fumbling with the matches and cigar. At least I saved what I did! I hate wasted liquor. Especially GOOD liquor!
Anyway, the Makers went better with the cigar than did the Bookers, but maybe that's cuz (for me) most cigars turn a bit nasty about halfway through. I always wanna hack them in half and double my pleasure, double my fun. I guess I need to buy a good cigar cutter on my next trip...
Between that and watching "Big Jake" (John Wayne, ), it wasn't too bad an evening.
Of course - hush up, DJ - I was SUPPOSED to be painting the small bedroom. But I lazed out and relaxed.
Ehhh.... I'll paint tomorrow, er... today.
(I just thought... if I lived in the sticks, I coulda shot that damn cat and celebrated ATF four days early. Or three days late.)
Nice recommendation. I cannot recall which particular one I picked, but it was quite good late this evening. Not even harsh when my tired and tipsy self inhaled a good-sized puff on the mother.
Now I'm most likely gonna wake up hacking in 6 hours, but it was still a nice, smooth and tasty cigar.
A 1/2 shot of Makers went well with the smoke. The other half of my Bourbon ended up on the ground. A damned stupid cat jumping out of a pile of leaves in my yard startled me, and my frigid fingers were already fumbling with the matches and cigar. At least I saved what I did! I hate wasted liquor. Especially GOOD liquor!
Anyway, the Makers went better with the cigar than did the Bookers, but maybe that's cuz (for me) most cigars turn a bit nasty about halfway through. I always wanna hack them in half and double my pleasure, double my fun. I guess I need to buy a good cigar cutter on my next trip...
Between that and watching "Big Jake" (John Wayne, ), it wasn't too bad an evening.
Of course - hush up, DJ - I was SUPPOSED to be painting the small bedroom. But I lazed out and relaxed.
Ehhh.... I'll paint tomorrow, er... today.
(I just thought... if I lived in the sticks, I coulda shot that damn cat and celebrated ATF four days early. Or three days late.)

3 Comments:
*hushed*
Nicky Blaine's has (or did back in the day) the AF Hemingway Short Story, which was pretty good, if I recall correctly. According to their website, they now have some pre-embargo Cubans, but I haven't been there in a long time. Don't even want to know how much I'd have to pay for one of those Cubans.
Yeah, well this cigar cost something like three or four dollars at Vine & Table in Carmel.
I doubt I'd appreciate "the subtlety" of a real Cuban anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home