Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Pretty Cool Place To See a Ball Game

From the Red Sox Insider email:
And speaking of Wakefield, I have to say, seeing him announced as an All-Star on Sunday, was one of the most memorable moments in my career working here. It's not every day that I actually get to watch the games as a fan, sitting in the seats, but on Sunday, I had the chance to sit and watch the game, rather than working in the office and watching on TV. As the Sox took the field in the top of some inning (I can't even remember which it was), they announced the Red Sox players one-by-one who had been selected to the All-Star team. Wakefield, being the last alphabetically, was fittingly the last to be announced. I honestly got chills, as Carl Beane (our Public Address Announcer) said, "...and selected to his first..." Upon hearing the word "first," the whole crowd erupted in a raucous standing ovation. I turned to a couple of my co-workers who were sitting next to me and said, "Seriously, this is why we have the best fans in the world." And I really mean that.

Fenway Park simply rocks. There is something truly sweet about those old parks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home