Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Okay, I'm Really Liking This Guy's Thinking

How to Get Away With Murder

A New Age of Consent

It's Not Like I Killed Your Daughter

and finally, WOW. #1 on this lust (typo, leaving it in though I meant to type "list") is impressive.

And I like his view on the recent Don Imus BS making the rounds in the news right now:

"Recently, Don Imus got himself into media trouble when he referred to members of the women’s Rutgers basketball team as “nappy headed hos”, which is very shocking to me because I was under the impression that no one listened to Imus or watched women’s NCAA basketball. Who knew?" (From HERE)

(Reminds me of the time I was in Hooters, watching golf on TV. I said to myself "What could be worse?" Then I asked the waitress to change the channel. She did. To a women's basketball game.

Another quote: Brick: I mean, when did the whole world turn into a bunch of overprotective wimps?
Me: Shortly after the grunge era, I think.
Brick: I hate this fucking country.

I totally sympathize with this POV.

Another quote: "Have you ever known people who had agreeable divorces? These always crack me up. The couple involved doesn’t yell at each other or bicker over petty shit. They still talk to each other in a friendly manner and even deliver each other their respective mail. This always makes me wonder why anyone who could have a pleasant divorce would bother to get one. I mean, if you’ve already found someone who you like leaving, why leave her? I’ll probably never understand that one."

I have to admit this is like my last breakup. My only real objection to her dumping me was her selection of Valentine's Day to sink the knife in. Otherwise, we pretty much still act as we did when we were together except none of the fun stuff.

One more:
Me: This town looks like someone threw up a strip mall.
Kevin: Well, at least you don’t complain about it.
Me: I hate Orlando and everything it stands for. I hope Mickey Mouse gets VD and dies. I mean, of all the towns that get destroyed by hurricanes, why does this place always come out unscathed?
Kevin: Uh, it’s in the middle of the state.
Me: Still, if there was a just god—
Kevin: You’d probably be in jail.
Me: Ouch. That was cold.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home