The New Testament Seems Short On Practical Advice...
Luke noted a while back:
Thimscool, I must respectfully disagree about trusting one's heart. Look at Jeremiah 17:9-
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"
Proverbs 28:26 says: "He who trusts in his own heart is a fool".
Your heart will let you down in those "gray areas". But you are correct that the Holy Spirit will never steer you wrong."
Okay, and just HOW am I to tell the difference between my heart and what the Holy Spirit is telling me?
I'm not quite done with the NT yet, so there might still be something in there that covers it. But I've not come across it yet.
I need some guidance here, cuz my heart's only good for practically insuring that I hurt folks lately.
Thimscool, I must respectfully disagree about trusting one's heart. Look at Jeremiah 17:9-
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"
Proverbs 28:26 says: "He who trusts in his own heart is a fool".
Your heart will let you down in those "gray areas". But you are correct that the Holy Spirit will never steer you wrong."
Okay, and just HOW am I to tell the difference between my heart and what the Holy Spirit is telling me?
I'm not quite done with the NT yet, so there might still be something in there that covers it. But I've not come across it yet.
I need some guidance here, cuz my heart's only good for practically insuring that I hurt folks lately.
Labels: Faith

5 Comments:
Treating others how they need to be treated, within your guidlines of what's acceptable seems to work rather well for me.
ie: ManCandy enjoys being visually appreciated, I make a comment about his sexymalestyle whenever I have the opportunity.
You see he likes feeling wanted, sexy, appreciated, etc... I want him, enjoy him, do him, telling him what he needs to hear - and it's my pleasure ;-P
Perhaps that was a poor example.
Hmmm...
Whoa, I think my example was WAY off.
Darnit foiled again!
Yeah, I don't see how what you typed applies. There's always that handy "delete" button...
That's a difficult question to answer...
I try to filter things through what the Bible says and ask myself whether anything my heart says would go against the two basic commands: love God and love my neighbor. Still, it can be tricky...
Keep asking questions and keep looking for answers. :)
Wendy
Will do.
Thanks for the input.
Post a Comment
<< Home