Thursday, June 07, 2007

"Office of Profit"?

Okay.... HUH??

I could not remember if state-appointed Senators served six year terms or not. I don't understand why it wouldn't just be "the Senators will serve unless recalled by their state legislature for any reason".

And it's weird enough thinking of the original U.S. Senate as only having 26 members, but while looking up the original text of the Constitution, I found the following and it sparked my curiousity:

"U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 3, Clause 7: Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law. "

What the heck is a "Office of Profit"??????????????

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home