Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Silly, Silly Me...

"You have to be the way you want the world to be" -- Mike Keneally

Lyrics are just cutting me to the bone lately. They're just words but they have a way of just reaching into my ribcage and squeezing my heart.

I really like this line. I just put it in my blog description. The type's a little small, but it's there. I hope I remember them more often.

If you have lines that really touch you, please post them with their song title and artist. Ya know, if you're so moved.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

So much pain and no good reason why
You've cried until the tears run dry
And nothing here can make you understand
The one thing that you held so dear
Is slipping from your hands
And you say

Why, why, why
Does it go this way
Why, why, why
And all I can say is

[Chorus:]
Somewhere down the road
There'll be answers to the questions
Somewhere down the road
Though we cannot see it now
Somewhere down the road
You will find mighty arms reaching for you
And they will hold the answers at the end of the road

Yesterday I thought I'd seen it all
I thought I'd climbed the highest wall
Now I see the learning never ends
And all I know to do is keep on walking
Walking 'round the bend, saying

Why, why, why
Does it go this way
Why, why, why
And all I can say is

[Chorus]

Why, why, why
Does it go this way
Why, why, why
And all I can say is
All I know to say now

[Chorus]

~Amy Grant, Somewhere Down the Road (Amy Grant & Wayne Kirkpatrick)

1:01 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Okay, thanks LeeLee!

You sorta missed the point, but... thanks. I think.

6:34 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

Leann, you're a hoot.

6:39 PM, June 19, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Of course... now this OTHER Keneally song that will not leave my head...

"Choosing to drown"

Choosing to drown
Choosing forsaking the up for the down
Choosing to not fight the might, the hand at the back of your head
Choosing to think you'd be better off dead
Choosing to drown
To kick ever softer and slower

You gave up the ghost
You fought your last fight
Refused to believe that your path had been right

But Beantown called you

You pushed off the aggressor?
You got that shit done?

Hoo hay!
No choosing to drown!
Hey, Beantown!

6:52 PM, June 20, 2007  
Blogger LeeLee said...

Hey...When I have a bad day...such as I have been having lately. This is a song I listen to and it hits me...

11:26 PM, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home