Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Jerk In Progress Part III

(Subtitled "So much for hope springing eternal" or alternatively "Why do you hate me, God?".)

Last year, the first night of my trip from Indianapolis to Boston, I lay there in the hotel thinking "I REALLY need to turn back tomorrow."

I'm having a recurrence of that feeling tonight, though (again) it's too late to turn back now.

So... Let's see here... what did I do today?

I:

-- found more crappy spackling under the paneling on both of the living room walls I stripped today, with one more wall yet to go. (I'm not hopeful on the last one either.)

-- performed two more attempted electrocutions, and I'm fairly certain neither one should have happened. Unless touching the screws that hold either a light switch AND a socket onto the wall SHOULD electrocute you. I'm no electrician, so I don't know for sure. That just don't seem right, somehow.

-- found a nice hole in the drywall right where I threw my pliers against it in frustration yesterday. So now I have a patch job to perform and it's all my own fault. It was such a logical thing to do yesterday and yet... I can't even remember what angered me to do that tonight. It sure was worth it!

-- bent the hell out of my living room curtain rods such that they don't slide to & fro anymore.

-- made myself so stinky and funky that I'm sticking to my kitchen chair as I type this, and the smell is literally turning my stomach.

The only bright spot is that I finally got around to charging my B&D cordless drill AND IT FREAKIN' RAWKS! Thanks again for the super-cool Christmas present, Dave! (In my defense, I haven't needed it until tonight.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger thimscool said...

LOL. Dude, do you know where your breaker box is? It is there for a reason.

What year was your city dwelling built?

1:02 AM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

I knew WHERE it is.

I even know how to use it.

What I don't know is:
1: which one goes to what area of the dwelling and
2: how to work in the dark.

Year? I dunno. I'd guess 60's.

7:42 AM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger thimscool said...

Maybe the electro-shock treatment will do you some good.

10:32 PM, June 08, 2007  
Blogger mmaier2112 said...

Can't do too much damage to my brain.

Women done wrecked that thing a LONG time ago.

12:22 AM, June 09, 2007  
Blogger Shane M. White said...

I shared that hotel room with you. It was nice. I made you watch poker. He he he...

8:31 PM, June 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home